The 2020 Student Loan Planner scholarship is now open!
Student loan borrowers deserve scholarships.
You’ve had to handle living expenses without an income, watch your interest accrue while you’re trying to study, and deal with more debt than most people will take out for their mortgage.
That’s why we’re giving away 16 scholarships in 2020.
Who is Eligible for this Student Loan Scholarship?
Please read the requirements carefully
- Currently owe at least $5,000 of student loans, AND
- Be an active student for the 2020-2021 school year, OR already have a degree in your respective field
- Both clients and non-clients of Student Loan Planner are eligible
Sixteen scholarships (one per each bulleted group) will go to the categories below:
- Front line healthcare worker who treated patients with COVID-19 (paramedic, ER physician, nurse, etc.)
- Veterinary Medicine
- Chiropractic / Naturopathic Doctor / Acupuncturist
- Mental Health Counselor / Social Worker / Speech Language Pathologist / Marriage And Family Therapist
- Physical / Occupational Therapist
- Nurse / Nurse Practitioner / CRNA/ Certified Nurse Midwife
- Teacher / College Faculty & Staff / Higher Ed Administration
- Physician Assistant
- At Large – Any Occupations Not Mentioned Above (Police Officers, Engineers, Firefighters, Etc.)
- Current Student Loan Planner client (because we appreciate our clients who have hired us to figure out their student debt for them)
Note: Clients and nonclients are eligible for their professional categories.
How Much and What Are We Giving Away?
All of the scholarship money is going to come directly out of the profits of the business. We view this as reinvesting in you as the reader that has helped this platform become successful.
Each scholarship will have two components.
- You’ll get a check for $500
- You’ll get free enrollment in our investing course Six Figure Debt to Six Figure Net Worth ($400 value)
For past clients, the scholarship will include a free follow-up consult since they’ve already received the initial one.
We will also award the top 3 applicants across all categories with a free consult! That’s a value of $600.
How Do You Apply?
We’re going to accept applications between July 15 and August 31, 2020.
We plan on publishing the essays in early September and making a decision by mid-September.
You’ll submit a 600-1500 word essay. The topic should reflect the following prompt:
- How has the 2020 recession affected (or not affected) your education, personal finances, or your approach to your student loans?
We’ll have an initial screening process that will score the essays and narrow down the finalists to two per scholarship. Then we’ll publish the finalists on the site.
We’ll have a voting mechanism where readers can choose their favorite article, and that will determine the winners.
IMPORTANT: You should only apply if you’re willing to have your first name, headshot, and essay be public. Also, only apply if you’re comfortable with how we select the scholarship.
Additional Info About the Scholarship
We have offered a scholarship every year since 2018.
This is something we plan on doing annually. Once again this year, every dollar for the scholarship will come out of my own pocket.
- The winners will be notified via email approximately two weeks after the August 31, 2020, deadline
- The scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the student via check mailed to their address
As a student loan borrower, the deck is stacked against you. Hopefully, our efforts will help in a small way to boost you on the path to financial freedom.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Founder, Student Loan Planner
20 S. Sarah St
Saint Louis, MO 63108