Financial independence is a goal that many people strive for. Two-thirds of Americans would rather be doing something else with their time than showing up to work. In this episode, I’m going to cover the FIRE movement and why people want to achieve it.
Also, how can you achieve FIRE when you’re juggling 6-figures of student loan debt? It’s definitely possible, and I’ll go over some ways that you can make it happen despite your massive loan debt.
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- What does it mean to be financially independent?
- Why financial independence is not just a dream
- What if you are in a situation where you owe more than double your income?
- 10% or 20% of the population will be forced into retirement because of health problems
- Are your monthly memberships and your subscriptions worth it?
- Should you contribute as much as possible to your 401K?
- What kind of thoughts should you have when buying a car?
- Does actually loving your job affect any of this FIRE movement thinking?
- Paula Pant’s interview with Suze Orman
- Root of Good
- Go Curry Cracker
- 1500 Days
- Our Next Life
- Mr. Money Mustache Forum
- Your Money or Your Life
- Physician On Fire
- Mad Fientist
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?
- Try our free student loan calculator
- Check out the refinancing bonuses we negotiated
- Book your custom student loan plan