Let’s go back to the beginning when I landed my very first student loan consulting client. I’ve been very fortunate to have Elaina as a friend over the years and helping her with her veterinarian student loans is where it all began.
We met on a grouper date when a bunch of us got together and hung out. I actually was just helping out as a friend and didn’t take any sort of payment until I finally caved when she forced me to take some compensation.
Going through veterinary school, her student loan debt quickly piled up, but I was able to help guide her to the correct repayment methods for her situation.
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- Private schools or public schools? Which is “better” for professional degrees in terms of student loan debt?
- Differences between a DVM and a VMD
- How many different vet schools did Elaina apply for?
- Working with someone you know and someone you don’t. (Travis as her SL advisor).
- If Elaina had a chance to look for and start a practice where would she look?
- What are the benefits of buying your own practice?
- Why don’t some veterinarians want to become business owners?
- What has been holding Elaina back from buying a practice?
- Retirement accounts experience – What and how much Elaina decided to invest in?
- Elaina’s ideal financial life?
- New or used car? What’s a better investment?
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?