Leif is well-known in the personal finance space as the Physician on FIRE. He runs a website by the same name to inspire physicians and their patients to live a life of financial independence and early retirement. In this episode, I talk with Leif about his strategy of becoming financially independent and getting the most out of your money.
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- The trick physicians can use to create more freedom with locum tenens
- How to leverage your income to retire before traditional retirement age
- How Leif escaped undergrad with no student loan debt
- Leif’s thoughts about pursuing loan forgiveness as an anesthesiologist
- How you can have a better lifestyle with student loan debt
- When it makes sense to consider PSLF as a physician
- The risk of taking over a mom-and-pop medical practice
- What Leif says is the best return on investment of different medical specialties
- The reasons people start to feel “burned out” by practicing medicine
- The two big things Leif chooses to splurge on
- Physician on Fire website
- Physicians on Fire Facebook group
- Physicians on Fire FatFIRE Facebook group
- Private student loan lenders
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or TuneIn.
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?