Robert Berger, Deputy Editor at Forbes and author of Retire Before Mom and Dad, is passionate about helping others build financial independence. In this episode, I talk with Robert about how to plan for retirement and the seven levels you need to reach financial freedom.
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- What “retirement” can look like for you
- The seven levels of financial independence
- Is the 4% rule still relevant?
- How student loan borrowers can reach financial independence
- What is the “money audit” and how it can help cut your spending
- Why cars are a financial freedom killer
- What retirement account is the best first step to investing
- Why expense ratios are a huge factor in investing
- How to experiment with your finances to increase your savings
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?
- Try our free student loan calculator
- Check out our refinancing bonuses we negotiated
- Book your custom student loan plan