Today’s guest, Katelyn Bailey is currently a student at the National University of Natural Medicine studying Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine. She received her undergraduate degree in Bio-Psychology from the University of California, Davis.
Katelyn lives in Portland Oregon with her spouse and really enjoys the value a naturopathic doctor can bring to patients. In this episode, she talks about what having a career as a naturopathic doctor would entail and some of the main differences between naturopathy and other careers in the medical field. She’s also done a great job limiting loans outside of student loans like her car loans and credit cards.
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- How is the typical pay for naturopathic doctors in Oregon?
- What kind of medication can naturopathic doctors prescribe?
- When recruiting new students are some institutions overstating what a naturopathic medicine graduate will be potentially making after graduation?
- What is the 4% rule?
- Are residencies required for naturopathic students?
- Is it best to own your own practice after graduating?
- What type of retirement accounts should I open while still in school?
- How many accredited naturopathic colleges are there in the US?
- If she had a chance to start over. What would she do differently?
- What are two paths Katelyn can take to pay her loans back?
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?